If you’re looking for a fun and historical way to spend the weekend, please consider attending the upcoming event at Historic Mansker’s Station in
Goodlettsville, TN on Saturday-Sunday, October 3-4, 2009.
reenactment, there will be some wonderful military artifacts on display
during the event, all from private collections. These include:
– General William Bowen Campbell’s sword and other artifacts.
Campbell commanded the 1st Tennessee Infantry in the Mexican War. Ft.
Campbell is named for him.
– CS General Albert Sidney Johnston’s sword worn at the Battle of Shiloh
where he was killed. His Mexican War sword will also be displayed.
– CS Gen. Earl Van Dorn’s sword
– artifacts from CS Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest
– artifacts from Confederate president Jefferson Davis
To get directions go to Mapquest and type in the address below. It is
less than an hour from Clarksville and in the Nashville metro area.
Have a fun weekend and help support this wonderful historic event.
Historic Mansker’s Station
A division of Goodlettsville Parks and
705 Caldwell Lane | Goodlettsville, TN 37072 | 615.859.FORT